Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A 10k Every Day



A FATHER-of-two is nearing the end of his 10k every day challenge in aid of Cancer Research UK.

Tim Bridle is due to finish his 365th 10,000 metre run on New Year's Eve after completing his first on New Year's Day.

Self-employed Mr Bridle, from Grantham, said: "The first thing was I wanted to do a challenge but I could never pin down what.

"I missed an opportunity to cycle with friends from Lands' End to John O'Groats.

"It's something, for a number of years, that has been ticking in the back of my mind.

"I thought I would do running. I thought I wouldn't do a marathon and everybody does a 10k and it just popped in my mind - 10k every day."

Mr Bridle, 34, said he chose Cancer Research UK after losing family and friends to the disease.

He said: "I wanted to do something as I had been made redundant - it takes quite a lot out of you.

"I kept my mind. You can usually fall inward and I thought focus on something out there, I can put my frustration into this and do it for a cause."

No comments:

Post a Comment