Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Karnazes Kraziness

Forbes: Dean, what does a typical training week look like for you?

DK: I like to get up early around 4 or so and if possible run a marathon before breakfast. In the afternoon, I’ll do some shorter speed work–maybe some tempo work with an eight to ten mile run. The next day I have a favorite loop I do on the ElliptiGo that is two hours and it is pretty sustained. It is climbing and I spin out my legs. I rotate typically one day run, one day ElliptiGo. Sometimes I mix it up with morning run and afternoon ElliptiGo. I do a lot of cross training with resistance also.

I’m doing a 135 run across Death Valley in July. I have to do a couple of 75 or 100 mile training runs. It sounds absurd, but you have to do it to condition your body. I go through a lot of audio books.

No comments:

Post a Comment